A steak Knife is a piece of utensil used for cutting steak ( a piece of meat). The knife is one of the various kinds of knives that are used inside and outside the kitchen. It is small in size and features a sharp serrated or non-serrated blade. This sharp cutting tool demands caution when using it to avoid the risk of cutting or inflicting any self-injury.
As part of being cautious, the user needs to be skilled to use this tool properly. This article highlights the safety tips and skills on how to elegantly and skillfully use a fancy steak Knife to avoid injuries.
Where You Can Use The Steak Knife
To better understand the safety tips on using a steak Knife, we consider the places where steak knives are mostly used. These places are:
- In the kitchen:This is the obvious place a knife tool is found. This knife is used by the chef when checking if meat is properly cooked. It is not advisable to use this knife when preparing meat to avoid injuries. It can be used for small portions of raw meat and prepared meat but functions mostly for tasting or checking to see if meat is properly cooked.
- At the dining: The steak Knife is mostly found here because it is used to cut meat when eating. The nature of its blade allows the user to get precise small cuts of cooked meat when eating. It is also a tool used to maintain a healthy dining practice.
Tools Needed When Using A Steak Knife
Like any other cutting tool, other tools make the use of the tool feasible and safe because, in the absence of these tools, the use of the cutting tool becomes difficult and risky. These tools are:
- Sturdy surface: Irrespective of where you are using the steak Knife, a firm surface is required to facilitate a clean and precise cut. These surfaces can either be a dining table or a kitchen table.
- A plate or Chopping board:The use of these tools and the steak knife depends on where the knife is being used. A plate and chopping board is used in the dining and the kitchen, respectively. The plate or chopping board is where the steak is kept when cutting with the steak Knife.
- Fork:This cutlery is also used in the kitchen and dining. The pronged edges of the fork are used to hold the steak firmly in place when cutting with the knife.
Tips On How To Use The Steak Knife
- Hold the steak Knife in the right hand and the fork in the left hand.
- Using the fork, pin the part of the steak you wish to cut off in a firm position on the plate or chopping board.
- With your thumb and other three fingers wrapped around the handle of the knife, cut a piece of the steak while your index finger rests on the spine of the knife’s blade to provide a more precise and firm cut.
Steak Knives are small cutting tools that can be used in the kitchen and dining to cut steak or smaller portions of meat. This article contains details on how to use a steak Knife to avoid any injuries properly.